Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"Dude, where's my luggage?"

goodness!! WHEREEEE to start?? After about a 17 hour flight to Rome and another 6 hour flight to Zambia we are finally safe and on the ground! Thank goodness! We are staying at the Protea Hotel for the night and then getting up and driving 6 hours to our last stop: Namwianga in the morning! WOO HOO! After tomorrow afternoon we should be settled into the Haven and done with traveling! YAYYY! I am so ready!! Traveling is soooo exhausting!



group pic before boarding our flight in DC

On a good note the trip was GREAT! It was reallyyyyyyy long, however I really enjoyed flying Ethiopian. They were A LOT bigger than our first flight with Delta. We had tv screens on our headrests with movies, minute to minute flight info, music, hot towels, face masks, socks, blankets, meals, snacks, and all kinds of awesome accomodations! I was really impressed. Kaylee and I obviously had fun playing with all our goodies. Here are some pics of the plan ride to Rome:


showing off our "super cool" ethiopian socks and head sets! HA!


Awesome screens on the plane with movies, music, and minute by minute maps and info about the flight

On a BAD note, after finally arriving in Zambia we paid for our Visas and headed to luggage claims. I waited and waited for my cute little luggage to make its way down to me. I waited. . . . .. and WAITEDDDDD. . . . and then started to panic. Finally all the bags were there but there were a total of 7 other bags missing!!!! the airlines lost our bags! not just ONE of my bags..... but lost BOTH of my bags!! AHHHH! I am so stressed and worried! Being in Africa with no clothes for 6 weeks does not sound very appealing to me, so please pray VERY HARD that the airlines will get my luggage SAFELY to Livingstone in a day or so. With seven bags missing SURELY they will find them with ease or they will have 6 really angry girls to deal with! HAHA! For now I have been borrowing stuff from the other girls and trying to hold it together with nothing but my backpack and clothes on my back. :(

After the luggage "situation" we finally arrived at the Protea hotel and we went straight to our room to freshen up (which consisted of just brushing our hair and washing our hands) to get ready for dinner. When we entered the room we were happy to find that our rooms were really nice with two big beds and a nice walk in shower with waterfall shower head! what a relief for having flown so long and being exhausted!

lobby of Protea hotel

pic of our rooms for the night! really nice!

We ate at this really cool/chill, modernly decorated restaurant called Rhap Sody! Or as we called it "Rap city". ha. If you know me, you know i HAVE TO HAVE my sprite, (just like people have to have their cokes-mom) so I was really happy when they had it at the restuarant. They even were in cute little bottles! Although it didnt taste like regular sprite and was a litte oldly fruity, it was still really good. The food was awesome and it was nice to get to enjoy a good meal after flying for soooo many hours.


Please pray 1: for my luggage to be safely found and returned back to me quickly! and 2: for a safe drive to Namwianga in the morning!
PS. If any of you have SKYPE please add me! my username is: laceynunnally

Also, just so you know. . . Zambian time is 7 hours ahead. so when it is 4:30 in arkansas it is 11:30 here!


Goodnight from AFRICA!!! :)

5 comments:

Unknown

You should just buy clothes there; they will be cheap and you wont stand out as bad. Sace your prayers for when wild animals are around.

Anonymous

hey i showed this to nee-naw and pap-paw, they think its the coolest thing ever and will be checking it daily now :-)

Jerod

So Restaurant & Bar

LACEY! I am on my wayyyyyyyyy to Africa :) Just kididng. I miss you so much - I tried to reply to your first blog but it wouldnt let me so hopefully this will work. I am so glad you are there safely ;) I have deactivated FB and dont plan on getting it back soon - but lets set up a date to skype! I am so glad we planned out the lost luggage situation if one got lost but with two lost - we didnt have a back up plan. hope everything works out - i know you are miserable but i love you and cant wait to talk to you soon! :)

Christi Quarles Smith

Oh no, Lacey!! I hope they get your luggage to you safely....and intact! I cannot believe someone's luggage was melted!! I did not even know that could happen! Well we are praying for you back home! Love you!!

LaBrown

Sorry that your luggage was lost!!