Thursday, May 20, 2010

YAYYYY for luggage!!!


I FINALLY got my luggage today!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!! I created a scene when it arrived this afternoon. We were watching the school’s soccer game aka football game and when the man drove up I saw it in the back of his truck and SCREAMED!! Then went running over to the truck and gave him a HUGE hug!! I feel so much better having my own clothes! Made me so thankful for the things I have and realize what it is like to be without things like these people here in Zambia.


Today I woke up at about 6 am for no apparent reason and went to take a shower. When I first went into the bathroom I had to wait for about 5 minutes for the lights to finally come on! And after they did I noticed 3 HUGEEEE spiders on the walls of the shower. needless to say I freaked out a tad! Im suprised I didnt wake up everyone. haha.

kaylee, rach and I at our first breakfast at Leonard's house. (thanks for the clothes kaylee and rach!)

On our walk over to breakfast this morning I saw some sweet little ladies walking down the road and asked if I could take their picture. They dont look too happy about it here in this picture but they really liked the camera on them!


After breakfast, we got to go to the school’s chapel service and Dr. Weaver got up and introduced our group and explained what we would be doing during our stay here. Then we got to enjoy their church service. The singing was amazing! Made me feel like I was at Church camp. LOVEDDDD it!


After chapel, we went into town to do a little shopping and get some phone calling cards. I was so shocked to see that the market was made of sticks! We all bought material for chetinges (the traditional african dresses in africa) While we were walking around kaylee and I saw a lady holding a live chicken by it's neck! So crazy! They laughed at us when we acted so shocked and wanted to take pictures!


cute little kiddo at market

pic of inside market


kids selling bananas in market

Our sign at road to mission