Tuesday, June 8, 2010

9 Nurses

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has called, text, or said a special prayer for me these last few days. As some of you know, I have been REALLY sick and that is why I have not been blogging. I started throwing up on Sunday night before church and have slept with a bucket beside my bed every night since then. The nurse came in on Monday morning and suggested that I try to keep fluids in me so I have been sipping on "sprite", but it is really hard when you cant keep anything in your system. I tried to eat some crackers yesterday but those came directly out as well. :(
Today, I have just now started trying to get out of bed and move around. I attempted to take a shower this morning, but stopped half way through rinsing my hair. I literally felt like I was going to faint. I sat on the toilet lid with soap in my hair, trying to pull it together. Standing up, along with being in a hot shower were not a good mix for me this morning. bad idea. I went directly back to my bed and tried to go back to sleep without even rinsing or drying my hair. (so you can only imagine what I look like right about now. haha) Dr. Weaver came in before lunch and suggested that I start trying to eat something light, seeing as I haven't had anything in my system since Sunday at lunch. So I am MAKING myself eat. I walked to lunch today. . . .and let me just say that was a MAJOR task. I felt like such a mammaw trying to wobble down the road with no energy. Please say a prayer that the mashed potatoes I ate decide to stay in my stomach and I gain some energy back. I feel okay right now, so that's a plus! (I will call you later on today mom and dad)
I wanna say thank you to all the girls and Dr. Weaver for checking on me, getting me sprite, cold rags, and rubbing my back while I have been hugging the toilet. Y'all are the best! Without my 9 nurses, I don't know what I would do. Please pray that I continue to get better and this is just some sort of bug and nothing more serious. Also, say a prayer for Sara too. We have both been spending our days at home in bed. The nurse came in a few days ago and said she has strep throat. She is starting to feel better today too, so hopefully we can get back to our precious babies at the Haven soon! We have been so sad that we cant be there to help. I know they need us. I already miss them so much after not seeing them since Friday, so I know it is going to be really hard to leave them in a week and a half to go to Livingstone. As always, please say a prayer for our sick ones there at the Haven, along with the rest of our team to stay healthy. Also, pray that the Aunties can learn from us and continue to incorporate what we have taught them into their daily routines for the babies after we leave.

0 comments: